1. The trial and conviction of Rudy Kurniawan. If you haven't followed this story, you should. It is fascinating, and sort of taps into a little bit of what I was talking about in my "cult booze" post. The guy basically forged very pricy wines, and made a hell of a lot of money doing so!
2. Wine for Cats. I love my cat, and I have been accused of being a bit of a cat lady, but even I am not crazy enough to buy her her own special wine. (Though I confess, I'm still a little curious.)
3. This video, courtesy of my friend Amber. I really DO want to try it, but think it is best done sober, so it may not be on the table for my next Wines of the World group.
4. The discovery of this awesome ancient wine cellar in Israel! Archaeology meets enology! Love it.
5. The news that wine is on the rise! People are getting on board, and craft wineries are taking off!
6. I want to try this cool product. Apparently, you can just sort of needle on down through the cork, suck out some wine, pull the needle out, and it is as good as never opened. The possibilities! As a single gal, I love it, but also, think of how many high-priced, aged wines could be sampled without ruining the whole bottle!
7. And some news I don't love so much- we're potentially facing a global wine shortage! Nooooooooooo! China! Get your own wine! (good thing I'm essentially a wine horder, eh?)
I think that about covers it. Did I miss anything? Do you have any cool/useful/funny wine related stories or products to share from the past year?
Happy Birthday little blog! And thanks to those of you who've kept reading!